Fool's Closet
The Dementia Papers

When I was first starting to make these tapes, I kept track of the songs on each tape on sheets of notebook paper, 1 sheet per tape. I eventually came to call this catalog the "papers" (for lack of a more imaginative name *g*). Each tape was sequentially numbered as I used it within a brand.

Over the years I ended up using several brands of tape. GMEMOREX stands for "Gold" Memorex tapes. When I got these, I already had the regular Memorex tapes, so I wanted to give the new ones a different "tapecode". The new ones had goldeny-yellow insert cards, hence the "G".

And there are no TDK 1, 2, or 3. I don't remember if I ever had them. Somehow they just got numbered that way and I never bothered to change it.

It seems that my memory escaped me for far too long. Just the other day (Jan 2014), I suddenly recalled that I lent some tapes to a friend, and they subsequently were stolen from his locker. (This occurred when I was in high school, after all.) I was justifiably upset at the loss of irreplaceable material, but there was nothing I could do about it. Just had to suck it up and deal with the aftermath. Then I guess over the years I completely forgot about the entire incident. But now during the research to reconstruct my early taping days, it's come back to me. At least now I feel a little less bad about wiping so much stuff. At least three (if not more) tapes-worth got killed, and it definitely wasn't my fault. Unless the fault was being too trusting...

So eventually, I'm going to add "phantom" tapes that might have once existed, but are no longer.

Copyright 1997-2014 -- Team Awesome Designs (Wendy Murphy) - All rights reserved.

Valid XHTML 1.0!